Stirling Triathlon Club 2023 offers a variety of weekly training sessions that are delivered by coaches, helpers and group leaders. These sessions are aimed at people of all abilities and experience.
The table below details the current weekly sessions that are available. Members meet to train together on an informal basis, as well as taking part in the club’s coached and led sessions.
TO ATTEND AN STC ORGANISED TRAINING ACTIVITY INDIVIDUALS MUST SIGN UP. Links and more details available through Facebook:
Monday 18:30 Cycle Turbo – Adults (Zwift – See Facebook)
Tuesday 18:30 Run – Adults (Various venues – See Facebook)
Wednesday 20:00 Swim – Adults, Adults Development, U25 & Junior (The University)
Thursday 18:30 Run (intervals)- Adults (University – See Facebook)
Saturday 07:00 Swim – Adults & Juniors (The Peak)
Saturday 08:00 Run – Juniors (The Peak)
Sunday 07:00 Swim – Adults (50m) (The University)
Sunday 10:45 Swim – Adults, Junior (The University)
Sunday 09:00 Cycle – Road ride – Adults (See Facebook)
The Sport Scotland and Stirling Triathlon Club (STC) requires that to attend a training event attendees pre-register. Each training event will be separate which could include multiple e.g., two or three different paced groups, with separate meeting places / times. Make sure you are booking onto the right activity, pace and length for you. Please note that there will be a maximum group size of ten and each group will have a group leader who will:
- Remind those attending of the need to remain within the guidelines as set out by Sports Scotland, TS and STC at the time of the organised training event.
- Have a planned route and pace – all of which can be adjusted as necessary.
- Ensure that riders understand their roles in terms of ‘group calls’ within the group (highlighting road hazards and manoeuvres etc).
- Ensure that riders are not ‘dropped’ from the group and that the group waits where necessary, unless individual/s have agreed to drop off / deviate from the plan.
- Ensure that where a group splits due to speed / objectives all parties are included.
All riders will:
- Agree to adhere to this code of conduct for STC organised activities.
- Understand that this is a led rather than coached activity unless specified.
- Sign up to an appropriate ride group in terms of average speed and distance planned.
- Ensure their bike is roadworthy, have a helmet, tools and spares to carry out repairs / deal with punctures and have a mobile phone for emergencies as well as lights if dull conditions.
- Ride in the group following normal group riding etiquette e.g., two abreast, no undertaking, group calls and warnings (ask if unsure)
- When stopping for ‘comfort break’, mechanicals and rest, maintain social distancing and where assistance is required, consider PPE and / or hand gel.
- Be a member of STC or interested in becoming one!
- Meet with the group at the meeting time.
- Cancel their booking on The University App as soon as possible if unable to attend to allow another club member to book a place (relevant to swimming).
If you are not already a member of the club, but would like to see what we are all about, then we would love to see you at any of our sessions. We have Free Introductory Taster Sessions where you can come along and try a session with us free of charge before you decide if you want to join us as a member. All we ask is that you drop us an email beforehand to email@example.com, with details of your name and the session that you’d like to try out.
Our Training Sessions
|18:30 for 18:45 (1 Hour)
|Spin Bike Class (In your Own House)
|STC turbo / Zwift in the comfort of your own home
Excellent and sociable training session for new and experienced cyclists.
|Various meeting venues around Stirling - mix of road and off-road running, see Facebook for that weeks location, distance and pace
|20:00 (1 hour)
|18:30 (1 hour)
|Run - Intervals
|Interval Training - See Facebook for more details
|Rest yourself :)
|07:00 (1 Hour)
|Adult & Junior Coached Swim Session
|08:00 (60 mins)
|Swim (50m Pool)
|50 Metre Pool Swim Sets
|Road Ride - av sp 15-16mph
|Stirling University - Willow Court
|Cycle training session. Rides around 40 miles. Distance will increase during the year.
Departure time & location + routes are updated weekly on Facebook.
|Swim - Adults & Junior
|Coached Swim Session